Office of Research
UCF College of Health Professions and Sciences
CHPS Office of Research works in partnership with faculty members and UCF’s Office of Research to identify and disseminate funding opportunities, foster creative and scholarly collaborations, support the development of innovative research proposals, coordinate and administer funded grant and contract projects, and to ensure that all projects are conducted in compliance with sponsoring agency guidelines and regulations.
In the News
Identify Funding Opportunities
Liaison with Research Development to provide CHPS faculty with tools, individual support and group workshops to identify potential funding opportunities and collaborators.
Meet with the Principal Investigator (PI) to review solicitation and prepare for proposal submission.
Proposal Prep Planner
Develop proposal checklist including calendar due dates, budget and application components for PI and subawardee (if applicable).
Enter complete proposal in application portal per CHPS 7-day policy, review the final proposal to ensure it is error-free, monitor workflow routing for institutional approvals and ensure timely submission by Office of Research.
Proposal materials to assist in preparing the application.
- Letter of Support (Co-PI)
- Internal Budget Template
- Budget Justification Sample
- Stipend and Tuition Rates for Undergraduate (OPS), Graduate Research and Doctoral Students
- Facilities and Other Resources Template
- Composite Fringe Benefit Rates
- Pre-Award Account Request Form
- UCF Institutional Knowledge Management Interactive Facts
Conduct initial Kick Forward Meeting with PI, Department Coordinator and CHPS OR to review award details, complete Departmental Authorization List (DAL) and hire project personnel.
Oversight of awards during the lifecycle of the project. Tasks include:
- Review/approve revised electronic Personnel Action Forms (ePAFs)
- Review/approve requisitions and purchase orders
- Provide monthly project reports
- Review/approve journal transfers
- Monitor deliverables
- Prior approval requests for activities to include:
- Gift cards for participation incentives
- Equipment (value greater than $5,000)
- NCE/budget transfers
Review and process effort certification to ensure it is accurate per the award documents and includes any salary cost transfers that may have been submitted after data upload.
Review project 90 days prior to closeout to confirm all expenses are project related, inform PI and Department Coordinator of pending ePAFs and determine if NCE is needed.
The CHPS Research Council is composed of one representative from each department and school in the College of Health Professions and Sciences. The council meets monthly during the academic year to promote collaborative research, develop appropriate training, and provide leadership for research throughout the college.