- Ph.D., Doctor of Philosophy, Social Work, University of Illinois at Chicago
- MSW, Master of Social Work, Florida International University
- BA, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Florida International University
- Association for Gerontology Education in Social Work (AGE-SW Fellow)
- Gerontological Society of America (GSA)
- Southern Gerontological Society (SGS)
- Society for Social Work and Research (SSWR)
Areas of Specialty
- End-of-life care
- Health literacy and health promotion
- Health care disparities among racial/ethnic minority older adults
- Qualitative research
- Gerontology education
Research Lab Affiliations
RAs from the Center for Behavioral Health Research and Training Present Posters at UCF Research Week
Research assistants (RA) from the School of Social Work’s Center for Behavioral Health Research and Training (CBHRT) shared their research at the Student Scholar Symposium as part of UCF Student...
Social Work Faculty, Students and Alumni Present at Society for Social Work and Research Annual Conference
On January 12-16, teams of UCF School of Social Work faculty, students, alumni and other social work professionals will be presenting at the Society for Social Work and Research (SSWR)...
School of Social Work’s CBHRT: Fueling Scientific Collaboration and Expanding Professional Expertise
The Center for Behavioral Health Research and Training (CBHRT) was established in 2017 and is the first of its kind in the School of Social Work. The CBHRT serves a unique purpose to link practitioners...
UCF School of Social Work Awards Seed Grants for Interdisciplinary Research
The UCF School of Social Work is committed to providing essential and unique research to health and mental health fields through the school’s Center for Behavioral Health Research and Training...