Student Success and Advising

UCF College of Health Professions and Sciences

Academic Success Coaching

Did you know? Advising at UCF is now called Academic Success Coaching. Learn what this means for you.

Student Academic Services provides academic support for undergraduate students in all College of Health Professions and Sciences (CHPS) majors and is committed to helping Knights succeed. Students can contact this office for assistance with the following services:

Student Academic Services provides advisement to first-time in college students as well as students with less than 60 earned credit hours.  Once a student completes 60 credit hours, they are assigned an advisor in the department for their major to seek continuous advisement.  Your assigned advisor can be viewed through your MyUCF account.

For questions regarding advising services, please email [email protected] or call 407-823-0010.

Assigned Advisor

First Time in College Students (FTIC) are assigned an academic advisor within Student Academic Services. FTIC students will remain with their advisor until they reach 60 credits. At 60 credit hours, FTICs will be transitioned to a department advisor of their major.

Transfer students are assigned an academic advisor within the department of their major. Transfer students with less than 60 credit hours should seek advisement from Student Academic Services regarding General Education Requirements (GEP’s, Common Program Prerequisites and admission to the major, if applicable).

Juniors and Seniors (60 credits and above). If you have questions about a course for your degree, contact your department advisor.

Get an Appointment

Students can schedule an appointment with an advisor through MyKnight Star. Log into Myknightstar through your MyUCF account. More instructions can be found in this video.

Common Advising Topics

Current Students

Students can register during their enrollment appointment time, which is posted in MyUCF. The academic calendar lists all the university’s important dates and deadlines.

Undergraduate students with a UCF GPA of 3.5 or higher as of February 1st are eligible for multiple term registration. Students that qualify for multiple-term registration can register for spring term at the same time as the summer and fall terms.

Students seeking an override for a course that is offered through another college must contact the advising office or department in the college where the class is offered.  Students can check this through the Undergraduate Catalog.

For courses offered in the College of Health Professions and Sciences, students should contact their academic advisor to request an override.  The advisor will work with the department to determine if an override can be granted. For additional questions, email [email protected].

The College of Health Professions and Sciences (CHPS) will consider a student’s transient request to take a course towards their major at another institution.  Prior to submitting a transient request, students are encouraged to meet with their advisor to determine how the course will fulfill the requirements of their degree program.

For courses taken at another Florida public institution, students must submit a transient request through

  1. Under ‘Succeed in College’ click on ‘Take a Course at Another School’
  2. At the bottom of the page click on ‘Start or check the status of your Transient Student Admission Application now’
  3. ‘Select Your School’ and enter your ‘Student ID’ and ‘PIN/Password’
  4. Select the college of your major in the first drop-down; then select your major from the second drop-down
  5. Complete the transient application-ensure course information is accurate and complete
  6. Click ‘Send’

For courses taken outside of the Florida College or University System, students must submit a Non-SUS Transient Student Form. The student can email the completed form to [email protected].

Requirements & Policies

  • Courses taken without approval may not be accepted by UCF to meet university or major requirements
  • Students must be enrolled at UCF during the term of graduation. Students may not be transient during the term of graduation. Consult your college/school academic advising office
  • Students are required to complete 30 of the last 39 credit hours in residency at UCF
  • Courses taken at a two-year college will not reduce or satisfy the 9-hour summer enrollment requirement or the 42-semester hour upper-level requirement
  • It is the student’s responsibility to request, from the Transient Institution, an official copy of your transcript to be sent to Registrar’s Office after completion of the term

The College of Health Professions and Sciences (CHPS) will consider student requests for a Late Add starting the second week of the semester.

Late add requests are reserved for extenuating circumstances, and they are accepted only during the second week of the semester. No request will be accepted after the second week of the semester.

Late Add requests will be reviewed if the following criteria are met:

  • Late Add requests should be submitted ONLY for open courses offered through CHPS.
  • Students should not have any holds or enrollment restrictions preventing registration.
  • When petitions are received, the student’s academic record will be reviewed to determine if additional information or a follow-up meeting is needed as part of the review process.

To be considered for a Late Add, students should:

  1. Complete the CHPS Late Add Petition Form.
  2. Sign the Late Add Petition Form and get the faculty member’s signature on the form indicating their agreement for late add.
  3. Submit the completed Late Add Petition Form to the Director of Academic Advising in CHPS at [email protected], no later than 12:00 noon Friday of the second week of the semester.

When the request is submitted, please allow time for review and processing. If the request is approved by the College of Health Professions and Sciences, the late add request will be submitted to UCF Academic Services for final review and approval. Students will be notified of the decision of Late Add.

Students seeking to drop a course after the add/drop deadline can petition for a late drop or late withdrawal through the Registrar’s Office.

Prospective Students

All First Time in College (FTIC) students must attend orientation prior to registering for courses at UCF. During orientation, students will meet with an advisor to register for their first semester.

All transfer students must attend orientation prior to enrollment at UCF.  Shortly prior to the orientation date, transfer students should expect to receive an email from their major advisor with recommended courses for enrollment.

Students transferring in with an Associate of Arts degree from an institution within the Florida College System will have all General Education Program requirements met at UCF. It is strongly recommended that students considering any of the undergraduate degrees within the College of Health Professions and Sciences (CHPS) are properly prepared by completing the prerequisites for their intended major.  Prerequisites for the degrees in CHPS can be found in the Undergraduate Catalog.

Students transferring from a private or out-of-state institution will have their credits evaluated for equivalency. Once credits have been evaluated and posted to your student record, the MyKnightAudit should be reviewed.  If certain courses need further review, students can submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request

Student Academic Services is located in HSII-115 | Open Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00

Gift box icon


To help fund student scholarships, faculty excellence and innovative programing.
Support UCF