Steven Burroughs is a Visiting Instructor for the College of Health Professions and Sciences’ Department of Health Sciences at the University of Central Florida. He earned his Master of Science degree in Nutrition from the Brooklyn College – City University of New York and completed an accredited dietetic internship program from this institution, which included clinical rotations at New York-Presbyterian Hospital – Columbia and Cornell. Mr. Burroughs is a registered dietitian nutritionist and is licensed to practice in Florida. He has worked at Montefiore Medical Center, Maimonides Medical Center, and Florida Hospital specializing in critical care nutrition support for ICU and trauma center patients.
As an educator, Mr. Burroughs has taught basic nutrition and clinical nutrition courses. He has been a faculty member at Valencia College’s School of Nursing and has experience as an adjunct instructor/affiliate faculty for the UCF College of Nursing, UCF College of Medicine, and Lake-Sumter State College.
Mr. Burroughs has worked as a research assistant on a range of nutrition-related research projects including beta-cell mass as an indicator for diabetes at Columbia University, the relationship between body fat percentage and insulin resistance at the City University of New York, chronic disease risk associated with trans fatty acid intake at the New York Department of Health, and lipid metabolism at Rockefeller Research Institute. Although Mr. Burroughs is currently focusing his efforts on his instructional responsibilities, he looks forward to opportunities to engage in research in this present role.
- MS, Master of Science, Nutrition, City University of New York
- RDN, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- LDN, Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist
- CDN, Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist
- BA, Bachelor of Arts, Global Studie, University of Florida
- AND, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- ASPEN, American Society for Enteral and Parental Nutrition
- UCF College of Medicine KNIGHTS Clinic
Areas of Specialty
- Critical Care Nutrition Support
- Energy and Protein Metabolism and Regulation
- Nutritional Management of Chronic Diseases
Health Sciences Student Leads the Development of COVID-19 App for the Homeless
Tori Lynn, a student in the Department of Health Sciences, has co-founded an app to help the homeless stay up-to-date on news about COVID-19. Lynn, along with biomed students Jacob...