Dr. Humberto López Castillo is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Health Sciences, College of Health Professions and Sciences, University of Central Florida. Dr. López Castillo holds an MEd (Postsecondary Education) from the Latin American University for Science and Technology (ULACIT; Panama) and a MSc (Pediatric Clinical Sciences) from the University of Panama.
At the doctoral level, Dr. López Castillo holds an MD from the University of Panama and completed his residency in Pediatrics at the Pediatrics Specialties Hospital of the Social Security Fund System in Panama. He completed a PhD in Public Health (Behavioral Sciences & Community and Family Health) at the University of South Florida, after which he completed a postdoctoral fellowship in adolescent risk behaviors at the University of South Florida.
Dr. López Castillo teaches HSC 2524 (Introduction to Human Disease) and his research interests include the link between alcohol use as a driver to risky sexual behaviors among men who have sex with men, sexual and reproductive health, secondary data analyses, and cardiovascular health of sexual minorities.
- MD, University of Panama
- Ph.D., Public Health, University of South Florida
- CPH, Certified in Public Health No. 12099, National Board of Public Health Examiners
- CMI-Spanish, Certified Medical Interpreter-Spanish No. 102449, National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters
- Alcohol use and abuse
- Risky sexual behaviors
- Cardiovascular health
- Sexual minority populations
- Secondary data analyses
- Sexual and reproductive health