Carlos J. Gual, an associate instructor and clinical education coordinator for the Master of Athletic Training Program at UCF. He received his bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training from the University of Central Florida (2009). He earned his master’s degree in Physical Education- Sports Administration from the University of New Mexico (2012). He graduated with his doctoral degree in Higher Education and Policy Studies through the College of Community Innovation and Education at UCF (2021).
Gual previously worked as an assistant athletic trainer at the University of Maryland, where he provided healthcare services to the baseball, men’s lacrosse, and men’s and women’s soccer teams. He served as a graduate assistant athletic trainer for the women’s volleyball, swimming, and diving teams at the University of New Mexico while pursuing his master’s degree. Following graduation, he was the clinical education coordinator for the athletic training program at UNM.
- EdD, Doctor of Education, University of Central Florida
- MS, Master of Science, University of New Mexico
- LAT, Licensed Athletic Trainer
- ATC, Certified Athletic Trainer, University of Central Florida
Areas of Specialty
- Athletic training student integration in athletic training education programs
- Management of critical incidents
- General medical conditions