Carey Rothschild PT, DPT, OCS, SCS, CSCS is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at the University of Central Florida. She received her Bachelor of Health Science degree from the University of Florida in 1999. She went on to earn her Doctorate in Physical Therapy in 2005 from Boston University. Rothschild is a dual board-certified clinical specialist in both Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy. Rothschild has recently applied for her Certificate of Achievement in Pelvic Physical Therapy. She currently serves on the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties Sports Specialty Council. Her research related to running and the female athlete has been published in the Strength and Conditioning Journal, the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, Sports Health, and the Journal of Women’s Health Physical Therapy. In 2019, Rothschild received the award for Excellence in Academic Teaching from the Florida Physical Therapy Association.
- BS, Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy, University of Florida
- PT, Licensed Physical Therapist, University of Florida
- DPT, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Boston University
- SCS, Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Sports Physical Therapy, American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
- OCS, Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy, American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
- CSCS, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, National Strength and Conditioning Association
New Course Teaches Physical Therapy Students the Science of Pain
To better address the growing opioid epidemic and evidence of the important role that physical therapists play in caring for patients with pain, UCF’s physical therapy program developed a new...
UCF DPT Faculty Appointed to Multiple PT Specialty Board Positions
Three UCF Doctor of Physical Therapy Program faculty members representing three different board specialty areas of physical therapy are headed to Denver, Colorado February 11-15 for the annual meeting of...
Rothschild Wins Faculty Excellence in Mentoring Award
Carey Rothschild, a lecturer in the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, received the Faculty Excellence in Mentoring Doctoral Students Award in the “Social Sciences, Humanities, Education, Business, Fine Arts and Health...