Word by Word: Building Sentences with Preschoolers who use AAC
The purpose of this study is to help preschoolers with severe speech impairments improve their language skills. Children eligible to participate in this study: (a) have a speech impairment, (b) could benefit from using augmentative and alternative communication (AAC), and (c) are 3 to 5 years old.
- Children with Down syndrome 3-5 years old and speech impairment, resulting in speech that is difficult to understand.
- Children ages 3-4 years old with typical receptive language skills and speech impairment, resulting in speech that is difficult to understand.
Exclusion Qualifications:You may not participate in this research opportunity if any of the following applies to you:
- Children with speech that is clear and easily understood
- Children with Down syndrome younger than 3.0 and older than 5 years 11 months
- Children without Down syndrome younger than 3.0 and older than 4 years 11 months
- Children presenting with autism
Participate in this ResearchSubmitting this form will put you in contact with the main point of contact for this project. They will provide more information and determine if you meet all of the qualifications needed.
PI: Jennifer Kent-Walsh
IRB Expiration March 8, 2022
December 31, 2022
3280 Progress Drive
Orlando, FL 32826
Number of visits: 50
Expected time per visit: 1 hours
Type: $20 Target Gift Card per session
Communication Sciences and Disorders
ARC Research Lab