Sheila Klausner is a clinical assistant professor in the School of Kinesiology and Physical Therapy. She also provides care for patients in the UCF Physical Therapy Clinic.
She holds a doctorate degree in physical therapy from Texas Tech University and a master’s degree in physical therapy from the University of Miami. Klausner is board certified in orthopedics and a certified orthopedic manual therapist.
Klausner’s profession is also her passion. She grew up swimming and competed at the collegiate level. As a lifelong athlete, she was on track to become an Olympic swimmer. A career-ending injury sidelined those plans but started her on the path to physical therapy.
She started her career in orthopedics and sports medicine in Arizona where she joined the USA Swimming Sports Medicine and Science Network. Because of her experience as an elite athlete and her niche expertise as a physical therapist for swimmers, she was selected to travel to the 2000 and 2004 Summer Olympic Games with the USA team as a member of the medical staff.
In 2005, Klausner moved to Orlando and joined the sports medicine staff of Florida Hospital and began working as the rehabilitation coordinator with UCF Athletics. She has continued in this role, providing physical therapy care to the athletes of UCF.
As she grew in her role at UCF Athletics, Klausner realized she wanted to have more involvement teaching the next generation of physical therapists. She joined UCF as a faculty member in the Division of Physical Therapy to lead efforts in opening a faculty practice focused on high-impact clinical care and training future doctors of physical therapy.
With more than 25 years’ experience as a physical therapist, Klausner looks forward to collaborating with students and faculty on research initiatives, and to providing education and sharing best practices and innovative treatment methods.
- PT, Licensed Physical Therapist
- DPT, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Texas Tech University
- OCS, Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- COMT, Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist, Maitland-Australian Approach
- CSCS, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, National Strength and Conditioning Association
- MS, Master of Science, Physical Therapy, University of Miami
- CKTP, Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner
- BS, Bachelor of Science, Zoology/Premed, North Carolina State University
Areas of Specialty
- Orthopedic Manual Therapy
- Post-surgical Management of Orthopedic Injuries
- Optimal Performance in Athletic Care