Agreement Among Resting Metabolic Rate Assessments within Resistance Trained Females
The purpose of this study is to examine if a new piece of equipment (KORR-MetaCheck) used to assess the amount of kilocalories your body needs at rest is reliable and valid compared to a traditional piece of equipment (Parvo Medics True One) that is considered to be the gold standard. Additionally, we hope to examine how accurate kilocalorie values from several popular prediction equations and body composition assessments are compared to actual measured values. Finally, we want to establish a new and improved prediction equation for resistance trained females using anthropometric measurements such as height, weight, etc.
- Are a healthy female between the ages of 18-40 years old.
- Are healthy as determined by the PAR-Q+. Medical History Questionnaire, and the Menstrual Status Questionnaire.
- Are currently resistance training for a minimum of 6 months as defined by 3 resistance training sessions per week with at least one lower body session.
- Are premenopausal, with an identifiable onset of menses (early follicular phase).
- Are currently not pregnant and do not intend to become pregnant.
- Are willing to adhere to all pre-testing visit instructions including fasting for at least 8 hours and abstaining from exercise, alcohol, and caffeine for at least 24 hours prior to each testing visit.
Exclusion Qualifications:You may not participate in this research opportunity if any of the following applies to you:
- Individual does not provide consent to participate in this study.
- Deemed unfit to participate in the study protocols via the PAR-Q+ and/or the MHQ.
- Regularly taking any type of prescription or over-the-counter medication which might affect the assessments, or having any chronic illnesses, which require medical care.
- Not currently meeting requirements for resistance trained status.
- Current known pregnancy or intend to become pregnant during the study period.
- Not regularly having periods or amenorrhoeic, as determined by the MSQ.
Participate in this ResearchSubmitting this form will put you in contact with the main point of contact for this project. They will provide more information and determine if you meet all of the qualifications needed.
PI: Jessica Moon
May 3, 2025
4000 Central Florida Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32816
Number of visits: 3
Expected time per visit: 90 minutes
Adam J. Wells
Related Research Participation Opportunities
The main purpose of this survey study is to understand how different aspects of playing golf are related to low back pain and disability (defined as modification to daily activities […]
Overall, research lacks the reliability of the physical working capacity at pain threshold using a stationary bicycle. The purpose of this proposed study is to correlate someone’s pain perception to […]