On September 9, 2021, the Parkinson support group of Select Physical Therapy virtually met and hosted Uzair Hammad, the current resident of the University of Central Florida – Orlando Health Neurologic Residency Program, and Morris Beato, the residency director. Beato and Hammad co-presented on the topic “Exercises in Parkinson: Which Ones Are Effective and Which Ones Are Not?” where the neurologic physical therapy experts discussed evidence-based physical therapy interventions and exercises that are appropriate and effective on individuals with Parkinson disease. Rose Babcock, a member of the Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy’s Knowledge Translation Task Force for the Clinical Practice Guideline of Interventions for Parkinson moderated the event.
Neurologic PT Resident and Faculty Present at Parkinson Support Group
Related News Articles
Recent CHPS News
- Holograms Begin Beaming Into College Classrooms
- UCF Announces 2024’s 30 Under 30 Alumni Award Recipients
- Black Undergraduate Kinesiology Association Celebrates First Anniversary
- Gail Kauwell Reappointed as Chair of the Department of Health Sciences
- Research Identifies Student Pathways to Academic Success
The College of Health Professions and Sciences prepares students to promote, preserve, and enrich the health and wellness of diverse populations, through innovative and collaborative education, research, service, and practice.