On September 27, 2021, Uzair Hammad, the current resident of the University of Central Florida – Orlando Health Neurologic Residency Program, co-presented with the residency director, Rick Beato, virtually to the members of the Advent Health Brain Injury Support Group. Hammad and Beato presented on the topic of community re-integration for individuals recovering from acquired brain injury and discussed some of the available resources in the community. Karen Kalich, the coordinator of the support group and a recreational therapist at Advent Health Inpatient Rehabilitation at Winter Park Hospital, moderated the event.
Neurologic PT Resident and Faculty Present at Brain Injury Support Group
Related News Articles
Recent CHPS News
- Holograms Begin Beaming Into College Classrooms
- UCF Announces 2024’s 30 Under 30 Alumni Award Recipients
- Black Undergraduate Kinesiology Association Celebrates First Anniversary
- Gail Kauwell Reappointed as Chair of the Department of Health Sciences
- Research Identifies Student Pathways to Academic Success
The College of Health Professions and Sciences prepares students to promote, preserve, and enrich the health and wellness of diverse populations, through innovative and collaborative education, research, service, and practice.