On September 27, 2021, Uzair Hammad, the current resident of the University of Central Florida – Orlando Health Neurologic Residency Program, co-presented with the residency director, Rick Beato, virtually to the members of the Advent Health Brain Injury Support Group. Hammad and Beato presented on the topic of community re-integration for individuals recovering from acquired brain injury and discussed some of the available resources in the community. Karen Kalich, the coordinator of the support group and a recreational therapist at Advent Health Inpatient Rehabilitation at Winter Park Hospital, moderated the event.
Neurologic PT Resident and Faculty Present at Brain Injury Support Group
Related News Articles
Recent CHPS News
- Social Work Faculty and Alumni Share Research at National Conferences
- The passion of a social worker; changing lives one case at a time
- CHPS Welcomes New Communications and Marketing Director Heather Lovett
- Mind over muscle: How to help those with Parkinson’s release the freeze
- How Diabetes Education Impacts Lives: A Q&A with UCF’s Suha Saleh
The College of Health Professions and Sciences prepares students to promote, preserve, and enrich the health and wellness of diverse populations, through innovative and collaborative education, research, service, and practice.