This year’s ASHA Convention, taking place from Nov. 16-18 in Boston, will showcase the research and contributions of members of the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders. The conference serves as a yearly platform for experts from across the nation to exchange research findings, share their expertise, and discuss the most recent developments in the field of communication sciences and disorders. Below are presentation details:
Thursday, Nov. 16
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Nancy McIntyre, Carrie Loughran and Katie Markley – Utilizing Immersive Technology to Improve Language and Emergent Literacy Outcomes for Young Children with Autism (Poster)
10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Jacqueline Towson and Katherine Green – Using Ability Grouping to Examine Differentiated Instruction in Undergraduate Coursework in Communication Sciences and Disorders (Seminar)
5:30 – 6:30 p.m
- Richard Zraick and Bonnie Slavych – Infusing Health Literacy Education and Research into the CSD Curriculum (Seminar)
Friday, Nov. 17
11:00 – 11:30 a.m
- Yeonggwang Park, Supraja Anand, Susan Brehm, Lisa Kelchner, Barbara Weinrich, Rahul Shrivastav, Alessandro de Alarcon and David A. Eddins – Developing a Manual and Automated Signal Typing Tool for Use with Pediatric Dysphonia (Technical Research (In-Person))
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m
- Jacqueline Towson, Katherine Green, Janine LaGarenne, Taylor Miller, Gionna DelBuono, Allyson Simmons, Maeve Spoor and Casper Fathi – Professional Learning to Support Early Childhood Educators Promoting Language and Literacy in Low-Resourced Childcare Center (Poster)
- Martine Vanryckeghem – A Multinational Study of the Revised Behavior Assessment Battery for Children and Adolescents who Stutter
1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Jennifer Kent-Walsh, Cathy Binger, Nancy Harrington and Naomi Nattress – AAC-GLI: Generative Language Intervention for Preliterate Preschoolers Using AAC
1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Allyson Simmons, Maeve Spoor, Katherine Green and Jacqueline Towson – An Investigation of the Communication of Children with Autism in Inclusive Makerspace Environments (Poster)
5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Lauren Bislick, Carrie Loughran, Nancy McIntyre, Angela Ziegler, Nathalie Espinal and Taylor Miller – Clinician-Researcher Partnerships to Support University Based Intensive Clinical Care and Clinical Training (Seminar)
8:30 – 11:00 p.m.
- UCF School of Communication Sciences and Disorders Open House
Saturday, Nov. 18
9:00 – 9:30 a.m.
- Julie Feuerstein, Carolyn Buchanan, Jennifer Kent-Walsh and Alexandra Walters – Honoring Experiences of People Who Use AAC: A Qualitative Study (Technical Session)
- Shaheen Awan, Yeonggwang Park, Rahul Shrivastav, David A. Eddins and Supraja Anand – Exploring the Relationship Between Cepstral Peak Prominence and Pitch Strength (Technical Research (In-Person))
9:00 – 10:30 a.m.
- Maeve Spoor, Allyson Simmons, Katherine Green and Jacqueline Towson – Interdisciplinary Teamwork: Working Across Educational Fields to Create Inclusive Classrooms that Engage Learners with Disabilities (Poster)
- Eren Balo, Semra Selvi Balo, Ramazan Ozdemir and Martine Vanryckeghem – What Does Speech Situation Checklist Tell Us? Comparison of Adults who Stutter and Don’t Stutter
- Cathy Binger, Priscilla Magallanes, Vanessa San Miguel, Nancy Harrington and Debbie Hahs-Vaughn – How Toddlers Use Core Vocabulary: What’s in an Utterance?
10:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- Shaheen Awan, Jordan Awan, David A. Eddins, Jun Chen and Ang Li – Improvements in Vortex Whistle Acoustic Estimates of Vital Capacity (Technical Research (In-Person))
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Janine Beinstock, Jacqueline Towson and Katherine Green – Effects of a Modified Dialogic Storybook Reading Intervention on Comprehension of Young Children with Disabilities (Poster)
- Bonnie Slavych, Richard Zraick and Lauren Dobbins – Readability of Orofacial Cleft-Related Patient-Reported Outcome Measures and Observation-Reported Outcome Measures (Poster)
1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Bari Hoffman, Jennifer Kent-Walsh and Ann Clock Eddins – Rehabilitation Innovation: Developing an Interprofessional Center to Address Healthcare Challenges (Seminar)
Nov. 9 – 29 (ASHA Convention Virtual Extra)
- Julie Feuerstein, Jennifer Tucker – Interprofessional Collaboration for Supporting Young Children with Complex Needs (Virtual Technical Clinical Session)