Co-Design with Mental Health Professionals
The purpose of this study is to examine safety planning strategies and app features that mental health professionals perceive are important to include in a suicide prevention mobile app for youth.
Your session will be conducted remotely via Zoom and you will be asked to complete three separate tasks in groups with other participants:
Activity 1: You will be asked to partake in a collaborative brainstorming activity.
Activity 2: You will watch a brief demo video and then be sent a link to access a mobile app prototype where you will be assigned tasks to complete within the app (e.g., create a safety plan). There will be a focus group afterwards to express any additional thoughts about the app and the possibility of using it.
Activity 3: Finally, you will participate in a “re-design” of the current app prototype incorporating your own personal suggestions/recommendations.
At the end of the session (Activity 3), you will be given a brief survey to collect feedback on the session, as well as demographic information such as gender identity, age, race, ethnicity, educational degree, years in the field, etc. This information will be used to capture the diversity of participants.
We expect the entire study to take up to 2.5 hours (2-hour co-design session and feedback survey). You will be compensated with a $20 Amazon gift card sent via email for completing the study.
- Participants must be over the age of 18.
- Participants must be able to speak and read in standard English.
- Participants must work directly with youth at risk of suicide.
- Participants must have access to a smartphone and an internet-connected device with Zoom.
Exclusion Qualifications:You may not participate in this research opportunity if any of the following applies to you:
- Anyone under the age of 18.
- Those who cannot speak and read in standard English.
- Those who do not work directly with youth at risk of suicide.
- Those who do not have access to a smartphone and an internet-connected device with Zoom.
Get Notified of Future OpportunitiesSubscribe to our email list to be automatically notified of all future research participation opportunities as soon as they become available.
PI: Lindsay Taliaferro
IRB Expiration June 30, 2022
June 30, 2022
Number of visits: 1
Expected time per visit: 2 hours
Type: $20 in Amazon Gift Card
Center for Behavioral Health Research and Training