The UCF LISTENING CENTER serves individuals across the lifespan who have a hearing loss. This includes offering access to listening and spoken language services as early as possible in a child’s development.
The center also provides a unique opportunity for future speech-language pathologists to gain valuable experience in working with diverse children with hearing loss and their families under the supervision and guidance of licensed, certified and experienced faculty educators.
Our mission is to (1) prepare students to apply current evidenced-based practice in their work with children, families and adults served by the center, (2) increase access to listening and spoken language (LSL) services for children and adults in Central Florida, and (3) strengthen the network of services available to families, helping to ensure that they are able to receive the intervention and support needed during critical stages of development and throughout life.
Our Services Include
- Audiological evaluations; cochlear implant and MAPPING services; and fitting and dispensing of hearing aids
- Speech and language evaluations
- Speech, language and auditory therapy services tailored to each family and individual’s needs
- Therapy conducted with individual and small group instruction
- Adult Auditory Rehabilitation programs conducted on an individual basis and small group instruction
- Home- and center-based services
- Family centered services
- Consultations with schools and professionals as needed
A sliding fee scale is available for eligible families and clients.
Click image to view brochure