The following items are required:
All materials are submitted in the ATCAS system. No materials are to be submitted to the UCF Graduate Application.
- Transcripts – one official transcript from each college/university attended. The transcripts must demonstrate a minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA in undergraduate coursework and completion of prerequisite coursework with a minimum grade of “C” (2.0).
- Proof of bachelor’s degree – the bachelor’s degree may be in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution and may be in progress at the time of application. However, the degree must be awarded prior to the program’s start date in the Summer C semester (mid-May).
- International coursework – Applicants who have attended a college/university outside the United States must also provide a course-by-course credential evaluation with GPA calculation.
- 50 hours of observation – a letter confirming hours must include the name, credentials, and contact information of the athletic trainer (BOC certified) you observed in a high school, collegiate, and/or professional sports setting.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. One must be from an athletic trainer. The second must be from a current (or former) employer, coach, or professor/instructor. The third letter may be from a person of your choice, but clergy, family, or close friends are inappropriate choices.
- Personal statement – about your professional goals including your understanding of the profession and why you have chosen athletic training as a career.
Admission to the MAT program is competitive and applications are reviewed as they are received beginning February 1. Students may continue to apply after February 1 and will be evaluated (rolling admissions) until seats are filled.
The final deadline for applications is April 1.
International students have an earlier deadline of November 1 and additional requirements. https://global.ucf.edu/