Lewis Timothy Worrell, MPH, RRT, is a registered respiratory therapist through the National Board for Respiratory Care and a licensed respiratory therapist in the state of Florida. He has a variety of clinical practice experiences in the areas of cardiopulmonary therapy, cardiac catheterization and diagnostic ultrasound, and a wealth of teaching experience that capitalizes on his years of working in a hospital setting. He has been a faculty member at UCF since 1976 and has served in a wide variety of academic positions. His dedication to students and teaching is evident in the number of times he’s received outstanding educator and teaching awards from student groups and UCF. In addition to teaching courses focusing on careers in the health professions, occupational health and safety, and professional development in health professions, Worrell also serves as the Department of Health Sciences advisor for students minoring in Health Sciences.
Worrell’s professional interests, which mimic his training as a respiratory therapist, are notable in his research and publications on the history of cardiology, hemodynamic monitoring of critically ill patients, and invasive and non-invasive cardiovascular diagnostic techniques.
- BS, Bachelor of Science, Respiratory Therapy, University of Central Florida
- MPH, Master of Public Health, University of Central Florida
- RRT, Registered Respiratory Therapist
- American Association for Respiratory Care
- National Board for Respiratory Care
- Florida Society for Respiratory Care
- History of cardiology
- Hemodynamic monitoring of the critically ill patient
- Invasive cardiovascular diagnostic techniques
- Non-invasive cardiovascular diagnostic techniques