Patrick Pabian is the Program Director for the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program and Division Head for the Division of Physical Therapy within the School of Kinesiology and Physical Therapy at the University of Central Florida. He administrates all functions of the professional doctoral program and all of its related initiatives within the Division. In addition he is the Associate Director for the School of Kinesiology and Physical Therapy. He is a Fellow of the Education Leadership Institute of the American Physical Therapy Association, and Board-certified as both a Sports and Orthopedic Clinical Specialist by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists. In addition he is the Vice Chair and Education Liaison for the Florida Board of Physical Therapy, a gubernatorial appointment upon which he serves the public through administration and oversight of all PT/PTA licensees in the state of Florida. He possesses an accomplished scholarly research agenda, which traverses areas of orthopedics and sports medicine, as well as contemporary issues in professional education including interprofessional education, and interdisciplinary patient care.
- BS, Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy, Bradley University
- PT, Licensed Physical Therapist
- DPT, Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
- SCS, Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Sports Physical Therapy, American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists
- OCS, Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy, American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists
- CSCS, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Graduate Certificate, Advanced Quantitative Methodologies in educational and Human Sciences, University of Central Florida
- Fellowship, Education Leadership, Education Leadership Institute of the American Physical Therapy Association
Orthopedics & Sports Medicine:
- Post-operative management of orthopedic and sports-related injuries, concussion management
Contemporary Issues in Professional Education:
- Interprofessional Education, Clinical Education, Academic Administration in Professional Disciplines
Interprofessional Education & Collaborative Patient Care
- Interprofessional education and interprofessional practice
- Contemporary issues in professional education
- Strength and function recovery in post-surgical orthopedic interventions
- Interventions and collaborative care in sports medicine
PHT 5125: Clincial Kinesiology
PHT 6242: Orthopedics
PHT 6070: Radiology
PHT 7779: Sports Physical Therapy
PHT 7919: Doctoral Research
UCF Physical Therapy Program Ranks Among Top 25% In The Nation
UCF’s doctor of physical therapy program rose 44 spots in the most recent U.S. News and World Report rankings, ranking No. 57 in the nation. This puts UCF in the top...
Physical Therapy Students Expand Reach in the Community
Students in UCF’s Doctor of Physical Therapy program are leading the charge on volunteer efforts in Central Florida. Ever since the doctoral program launched in 2010, organizations such as Disney...
UCF-Orlando Health Physical Therapy Residency in Neurology Gains National Accreditation
Orlando’s first physical therapy residency program in neurology was accredited April 30 by the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education. The University of Central Florida and Orlando Health...
UCF Hosts First Go Baby Go! Global Summit
Physical therapists from as far away as Israel gathered Jan. 20-21 at the College of Health and Public Affairs for the first global summit of the mobility project known as Go Baby Go! Joining the group...
Pabian Represents UCF at International Conference
Patrick Pabian, D.P.T., program director for the UCF Doctor of Physical Therapy Program represented UCF and the physical therapy program as the opening guest speaker for the IX International Congress...
Students Care for Local Farmworkers at Free Clinics
UCF physical therapy and social work students and faculty members were among the 60-some volunteers who offered two free health clinics last week for Apopka-area farmworkers and their families. They joined teams of UCF medical and...
UCF Go Baby Go! Receives President’s Award from National Down Syndrome Congress
Jennifer Tucker spent much of her time at last week’s National Down Syndrome Congress Annual Convention in Orlando showcasing and leading efforts to enhance mobility in children with disabilities. But...
Physical Therapy Program Among Nation’s First to Adopt Anatomage Technology
Watching his mother go through physical therapy after a rotator cuff injury inspired Christopher Atkinson to make physical therapy his career. Already into health and fitness and holding a bachelor’s...
Gov. Scott Appoints Pabian to State’s Physical Therapy Board
Gov. Rick Scott has appointed UCF faculty member Patrick Pabian to the Florida Board of Physical Therapy for a three-year term. Pabian (right) is director of the Doctor of Physical Therapy...