Denise Gammonley, PhD, LCSW, FGSA, FNAP is Professor of Social Work at the University of Central Florida.
Gammonley’s research centers on the delivery of person-centered care, enhancing the quality of psychosocial care delivered in health care settings, supporting healthy aging in the community, and preparation of the interprofessional elder care workforce. As a John A. Hartford Foundation / Gerontological Society of America Geriatric Social Work Faculty Scholar she investigated the quality of social work services and psychosocial care delivered in nursing homes.
From 2005-2012 she served as a national mentor and trainer for the National Center for Gerontological Social Work Education. She has delivered presentations on interprofessional practice and educating the elder care workforce to the National Initiative on Care of the Elderly in Canada (2011-Invited), the National Hartford Centers for Gerontological Nursing Excellence (2012-Invited), the Social Work Section of the American Geriatrics Society (2005-Invited), and the Royal University in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (2015-Peer-reviewed).
In 2019 she was named a Fellow of the Gerontological Society of America and as a Fellow of the National Academies of Practice. She is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Florida Council on Aging and served for ten years as a member of the steering committee of the Florida Pioneer Network.
Gammonley has been a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Florida since 1992. She received her Ph.D. in 1998 from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. She is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Florida State University where she received her BS in Psychology in 1983 and her MSW in 1987.
- Ph.D., Doctor of Philosophy, Social Work, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
- FGSA, Fellow Gerontological Society of America
- FNAP, Fellow National Academies of Practice
- LCSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- MSW, Master of Social Work, Florida State University
- BS, Bachelor of Science, Florida State University
- Hartford Geriatric Social Work Faculty Scholars
- Council on Social Work Education
- Florida Council on Aging
Areas of Specialty
- Elder care workforce
- Person-centered care
- Disability, aging & technology
- Global social work
- Scholarship of teaching and learning