Ching-Yi Liao is a postdoctoral scholar in the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Central Florida. Her current research interest focuses on culturally responsive approaches for culturally and linguistically diverse caregivers to use communication interventions, including augmentative and alternative communication when applicable, to work with their children with complex communication needs in natural settings.
- Ph.D., Doctor of Philosophy, Special Education, Texas A&M University
- MEd, Master of Education, Early Childhood Special Education, University of Texas at Austin
- MEd, Master of Education, Early Childhood Education, Taipei Municipal University of Education
- BCBA, Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Areas of Specialty
- Autism Spectrum Disorder and Other Developmental Disabilities
- Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Approach
- Caregiver Coaching in Communication Intervention
Post-Doctoral Scholar Furthers Research on Augmentative Speech Technology
Ching-Yi Liao joined the faculty of the College of Health Professions and Sciences as a post-doctoral scholar for the investigational team for two research projects funded by the National Institutes of Health (National...