The Division of Kinesiology offers both graduate and undergraduate students the opportunity to apply for a supervised practicum experience. Practicum is designed to provide opportunity for hands on and practical experiences in a workplace with guided supervision from an approved preceptor.
Students have the option to apply for the below credit options pending approval from the Division of Kinesiology:
- 3 credit practicum [120 contact hours – undergraduate and graduate]
- 6 credit practicum [240 contact hours – undergraduate and graduate]
- 9 credit practicum [360 contact hours – undergraduate only]
Students must meet the below requirements to be considered for an official practicum experience for course credit.
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA (undergraduate only)
- Be a junior or senior according to UCF academic standards (undergraduate only)
- Be confirmed as eligible by the Kinesiology advisor and Practicum Coordinator (both undergraduate and graduate)
- Be CPR and First Aid certified. Proof of certification is required. Certification must be active through the entire practicum (both undergraduate and graduate)
How to Apply
Any graduate or undergraduate student interested in practicum should contact their advisor one full semester in advance of the desired practicum experience so that eligibility can be verified. Click here to request an appointment with your advisor. Upon obtaining advisor verification, students will be enrolled in a zero-credit practicum preparation course in WebCourses where they will be required to submit various application documents and fulfill track-specific requirements.
It is in students’ best interests to contact their advisor by Friday, November 5, 2021 at 3pm (EST) to avoid issues with the Spring 2022 practicum application and enrollment process.
Undergraduate Practicum Advisement Teams
Kinesiology B.S - Exercise & Sport Physiology Track
Sport & Exercise Science B.S. – Human Performance Track (Summer 2017 catalog & prior)
(assigned by first letter of last name)