The Division of Kinesiology offers both graduate and undergraduate students the opportunity to apply for a supervised internship experience. The internship is designed to provide an opportunity for hands-on and practical experiences in a workplace with guided supervision from an approved preceptor.
The Division of Kinesiology does not place students with sites. We recommend beginning your search early as many students look for internship sites each semester.
Students have the option to apply for the below credit options pending approval from the Division of Kinesiology:
- 3 credit internship [120 contact hours – undergraduate and graduate]
- 6 credit internship [240 contact hours – undergraduate and graduate]
- 9 credit internship [360 contact hours – undergraduate only]
Students must meet the below requirements to be considered for an official internship experience for course credit.
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA (undergraduate only)
- Be a junior or senior according to UCF academic standards (undergraduate only)
- Be confirmed as eligible by the Kinesiology advisor and Internship Coordinator (both undergraduate and graduate)
- Be CPR and First Aid certified. Proof of certification is required. Certification must be active through the entire internship (both undergraduate and graduate)
How to Apply
Any graduate or undergraduate student interested in an internship should contact their advisor one full semester in advance of the desired internship experience so that eligibility can be verified. Upon obtaining advisor verification, students will be enrolled in an application portal within WebCourses where they will be required to submit all application documents.
Undergraduate Internship Advisement Teams
(assigned by first letter of last name)