UCF College of Health Professions and Sciences
- You Need A Flu Shot – Now More Than Everon September 17, 2020
The flu vaccine protects you, your family, friends and colleagues as we battle COVID-19
- Staying Pain-Free and Active While Working from Homeon September 10, 2020
Athletic training Assistant Professor Colby Mangum suggests a few modifications that can help you improve your posture and increase physical activity while working from home.
- How Vaccines Work And What It Means For COVID-19on September 3, 2020
Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences virus expert Kai McKinstry discusses some of the challenges of developing vaccines.
- What Causes A Virus Pandemic — How Did We Get Here?on August 27, 2020
Griffith Parks, associate dean for research at the College of Medicine and director of the Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences outlines how the COVID-19 virus became a pandemic.
- Don’t Be A COVID-19 Super Spreaderon August 20, 2020
College of Medicine students Neel Shah and Deep Gandhi offer their perspectives on the importance of physical distancing, especially as students return to UCF campus for fall.
- As Children Return To School During the Pandemicon August 13, 2020
Colleen Moran-Bano, a pediatrician at the UCF College of Medicine, uses her professional expertise and personal experience to provide guidance on navigating the pandemic as a parent.
- Offering Support to Those Who Have Suffered Because of COVID-19on August 6, 2020
Anuja Mehta, a psychiatrist with the UCF College of Medicine, discusses the best way to offer support to colleagues and friends who have suffered because of COVID-19.
- Caring for Someone With COVID-19on July 30, 2020
Whether it’s a child or adult, nurse practitioner and College of Nursing faculty member Valerie Martinez provides guidance for caring for those infected with the coronavirus.
- A New Way to Move: Exercising During COVID-19on July 23, 2020
Tom Fisher, kinesiology senior lecturer and exercise physiology expert, provides some suggestions for staying motivated and active during the pandemic.
- What Is Contact Tracing? How Can It Help Manage COVID-19?on July 16, 2020
Robin Hines, a population health sciences expert at the College of Medicine, outlines steps for contact tracing and explains why it is important.