UCF College of Health Professions and Sciences
- Letting Down Your Guard Can Spread COVID-19on November 19, 2020
Virus can spread at fun, casual events if you’re not practicing safety protocols
- Is Your Ailment a Cold, the Flu or COVID-19?on November 12, 2020
A guide to common symptoms of these three contagious respiratory viruses
- Celebrating the Holidays During COVID-19on November 5, 2020
Following these steps can help you plan a safer event.
- Elections, Health and COVID-19on October 29, 2020
Whatever our political opinions, we all want to stay well, have access to healthcare
- If You’re A COVID-19 Survivor, Consider Donating Your Blood Plasmaon October 22, 2020
Jane Gibson, a College of Medicine expert in molecular pathology and genetics, shares some guidelines for donating plasma and how previously infected patients can help current ones.
- Why Heath Literacy Matters — Especially During COVID-19on October 15, 2020
Three UCF faculty and staff experts provide advice on how to read and understand information to make make appropriate health decisions.
- Structure and Routine Can Help Combat Childhood Obesity, Especially During Difficult Times like COVID-19on October 8, 2020
Keith Brazendale of UCF’s Department of Health Sciences says COVID-19 has altered normal routine for many children, which can lead to weight gain
- Do Gloves Protect You from COVID-19?on October 1, 2020
Erica Hoyt of UCF’s College of Nursing says wearing gloves may actually increase the spread of germs.
- Recovery During COVID-19on September 24, 2020
Megan Giddens, who leads recovery services at Student Health Services, offers support to those recovering from alcohol and drug abuse during the pandemic
- You Need A Flu Shot – Now More Than Everon September 17, 2020
The flu vaccine protects you, your family, friends and colleagues as we battle COVID-19